Polka Dots

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to School: Home Edition

It looks like Back to School at my house too! My husband just rolls his eyes, but I love decorating for everything! Decorating for back to school helps to get me pumped up for the new school year.



The whole mantle. I found the flash cards at an estate sale this summer. My sister-in-law found the tiny desk at Goodwill. I think it might be for an American Girl. The school birdhouse came from Joann's several years ago. 

 The Dr. Seuss books are from a garage sale. I found the little globe in the Michaels dollar section. It was cream so I "blue washed" it with a little craft paint to help it stand out a little more. 

I love these vintage letter blocks and ruler star.

We randomly found the G-man book at an antique shop when we were on vacation in Michigan a few years ago. The girls scout handbook is from a garage sale. I'm not afraid to admit that I was a girl scout through my senior year of high school (read: dork!), so I just had to get it!

 More garage sale finds.

I made the pencil vase for a back to school event at my previous school. I made them as center pieces for a luncheon and they were a big hit. I managed to keep one for myself and it has kept up pretty well over the past few years!

Finally, a cute quote from Dr. Seuss.

3 comments:

  1. So incredibly cute! I never would of thought of decorating for back to school. All of that is adorable and still classy and not at all childlike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I am a fellow school counselor and have a question about one of your kindness activities. Would you please contact me at Bpesce04@aol.com? My name is Mrs. Brett Pesce and I'm a K-2 school counselor in N.C. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still blogging? Can't tell...
    -Mrs. Pesce

    ReplyDelete