Polka Dots

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Virtues Rock!

Our Virtue-Based Restorative Discipline program is going very well so far. The faculty, students, and parents have all been educated about the program and "buy-in" seems to be pretty strong. I have visited almost every class for our first virtues lesson and most teacher have created some sort of project in their class meetings. Things are going great but I am always looking for fun little additions.

Inspired by Barbara at The Corner on Character, I created a little song to sing my younger students before our classroom guidance lessons. I incorporated the four virtues that we are focusing on this year: Kindness, Forbearance, Forgiveness, and Unity. Hopefully I will be able to come up with a new verse each year as we move on to different virtues. I plan to use this with JK and Kindergarten and maybe even up to 2nd grade.

Virtues Rock! (to the tune The Addams Family)

Virtues rock! (clap clap)
Virtues rock! (clap clap)
Virtues rock, virtues rock, virtues rock! (clap clap)

When we show kindness to each other,
and bear with one another,
forgive and work together,
we rock our virtues!

Virtues rock! (clap clap)
Virtues rock! (clap clap)
Virtues rock, virtues rock, virtues rock! (clap clap)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, thanks for the shout out! How fun to have a spin-off of my Kids With Character song. That overflows my bucket!!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete