Polka Dots

Friday, February 10, 2012

National School Counseling Week - Day 5

Today was the final day of National School Counseling Week! To finish off the week, I brought in chocolate chip cookies, individual fudge brownies, and Hershey's hugs. I included a sign that said "STRESSED? DESSERTS! Stressed is just Desserts spelled backwards". I also included the stress-buster tips that I set out on Wednesday as well as my original sign and more copies of my brochure. I think the teachers and staff really enjoyed all of the little treats all week and I enjoyed bringing everything in.

One of the 1st grade classes made me an acrostic poem and presented it to me today. They came up with some really wonderful words and it was so touching as they read it to me. It really makes me love my job when the students remember what we have been discussing - they used Problem-Solving for the P in my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment